Monday, July 18, 2011

processing the missing

It's funny. Like I said earlier, I didn't miss Uganda all that much when I first left. Not that I was glad to be gone, because given the choice I would have absolutely stayed, but I didn't think about it all the time. As time goes on I miss it more and more.

I don't have any doubt that God put Uganda on my heart almost two years ago for a reason, and allowed me to go there for a reason. I really think I will be going to back at some point because I have such a huge passion for it and God has just been opening up doors for me. And if I don't ever go back, that will be because God has something even better in store for me, so I will have no regrets about not returning.

Even with knowing that, though, I still miss it. I haven't changed the time on my watch yet so when I look at my clock, I know exactly what those kids are doing, and have a little math practice to figure out what time it is here. Part of me wants to still stick toilet paper and a water bottle in my purse when I go places. And all of me wants to have rice and chicken at every meal. Thankfully, my mom has been pretty accommodating to that and I've had plenty of rice since I've been home.

I'm slightly addicted to the pictures of the boys. I look at them all the time. I'm really excited to print off the pictures and make a huge photo album so that I don't have to go on the computer to look at them.

I don't know if I mentioned this in one of my journal entries, but I really love Kampala. And I am NOT a city person so I was not really looking forward to going there since Jinja was so nice and had less of a city feel. But when I got to know the street kids and just had an absolute BLAST with them I started liking it more. And now I just really miss it there sooo much. I could probably write the word "miss" like a gajillion times, but I won't - for my sanity and yours.

I really don't know how much I will continue to write on this blog. Maybe a lot, maybe not. But I'm really glad I made it so that you can read of my adventures and see some of the pictures, and I can put the pictures and stories together and look at them over and over and over and OVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment