Monday, November 14, 2011

highs & lows

definition time.
high = thinking about Uganda every day, but not obsessively

low = thinking about Uganda every day, obsessively


now that we've got that out of the way, I can speak more clearly.

I've been having a lot of lows recently. And lows are good, really. But at other times, they're just downright NOT good because it's hard to be productive when you're not focused.

Part of what contributed to a recent low was that I found out I MAY have the POSSIBILITY of going back next year. So really, it's not likely. But wanting to be optomistic, I'll give myself a 25% chance of it happening.

And last time I checked, 25% was a lot higher than 0%, which is what I was at a month ago. So I have a smidge of hope. And even if it doesn't work out, it's reminded me that I don't have to be in control for God to be working. There could be lots going on behind the scenes that I have NO idea about. And that's basically how God's been operating in my life the past couple of years - dropping things in my lap that had been a long time in the making but I had no idea about.

Oh my word. I miss Uganda. It's ridiculous how much I can miss a place that I was only at for 10 nights. I've been in the US of A for WELL OVER 5000 nights, and didn't miss it nearly as much as I am missing Uganda. Reason why = no clue. It's probs just a God-thing.

And how is it possible to think of Uganda every stinking day? I have been home for 123 days. That is a lot of thinking. I'm wondering if there's any way to get a credit on Uganda or something. Seriously.

Whoa! I've been home EXACTLY four months. Exactly four months ago I was "enjoying" the last 1.5 hours of the plane ride. Holy. Stankin'. Catfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment